Painkillers have become a necessary part of our life as we all come across any form of body pain. Pain is a distressing feeling for everybody but unfortunately, it cannot be avoided. Pain is of two main types depending on the time period for which it exist in patient’s body; acute or short acting and chronic or long lasting. Pain has no specific reason to occur. PROSOMA is a master trust painkiller that is used to treat any form and intensity of pain. Specifically prosoma is used in the sufferers of muscle pain, pain after surgery etc.Read More
Cytotec is the medicine with various uses. It is a safe medicine to use. The Cytotec acts to treat the ulcer of the stomach that results due to intake of the aspirin, Diclofenac like medication. It is also used to abort the pregnancy that is of less than the duration of 7 weeks.
The active molecule of the Cytotec is Misoprostol. Misoprostol is the synthetic prostaglandin chemical. In stomach ulcer, the Cytotec medicine is used to lessen the hazards of the bleeding. The misoprostol protects the linings of the stomach by reducing the quantity of the acid in the body. The misoprostol brings about the contraction and spasm in the womb to cause the execution of the pregnancy.
THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS ABOUT THE DRUG-
The use of Cytotec are-
- For prevention of the stomach ulcer which is caused due to the intake of NSAIDs ( naproxen, aspirin)
- For the termination of early pregnancy
- For the stimulation of the labor
RIGHT WAY TO TAKE THE MEDICATION-
The prescribed dose of Cytotec is:
- In case of NSAIDs Ulcer: The approved dose is 100 mg. The medicine is to be taken four times in a day. The fourth dose is to be taken while going for bed. It is to be taken via oral route.
- In case of Abortion: the approved dose is 400 mg. It is to be taken as a single dose. It is to be taken via oral route.
- In case of labor induction: The doctor inserts the Cytotec via the vaginal route for the induction of labor.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE USER FORGETS TO TAKE THE DRUG ON TIME (MISSED DOSE)?
In case you missed the dose then take the pill as you get recalled. If it is getting the time for next dose then skip it. Do not grab the two doses at a time.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE USER HAVE THE DRUG IN EXCESS AMOUNT (OVERDOSING)?
The symptoms of overdosing of Cytotec are severe tiredness, convulsion, severe vertigo, and unbalanced heartbeats. In case of overdose immediately, contact your health provider.
WHAT ARE THE STORAGE CONDITIONS OF THE MEDICINE?
Store the medicines in a tight container where moisture and humidity cannot reach. Store the drug out of the reach of the children. Store the drug away from the reach of direct sunlight and excess heat. Keep the medicine at room temperature.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE DRUG INTERACTIONS?
Drug interaction is a circumstance in which another medicine affects the action of one drug when they are administered concurrently. It can be positive or it can be negative result so be careful while taking another medicine. In case of Cytotec, it does not show interactions with any of the drug. However, herbal drugs should be avoided along with this drug.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE UNDESIRABLE EFECTS THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED WITH THIS MEDICINE?
Side effects are the undesirable symptoms that arise due to the medical treatment. It is also known as adverse effects. The effects of side effects and its severity differ from one person to the other. Side effects of Cytotec are-
- Common side effects: Diarrhea, dehydration, pain in the abdomen, headache, unsettled stomach
- Serious side effects: Menstrual cramps, flatulence, spasm in stomach, decline in the quantity of urine, mood swing, twinge in the muscles, unbalanced heartbeat, heavy blood loss via the vaginal route, irregular menstrual cycle.
- Allergic reactions: Rashes, burning sensation, engorgement, trouble in breathing.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS IN WHICH THIS MEDICINE IS NOT TO BE USED?
Contraindication is a circumstance in which certain medical treatment cannot be carried out as it can harm the patient. Drugs that are contraindicated in case of Cytotec are
- In case the women wants to conceive
- In case the women is nursing mother
- If oversensitive to misoprostol
- If the patient’s medical history compromises of heart diseases, dehydration or inflammatory bowel disease
WHAT ARE SAFETY MEASURES THAT ARE TO BE FOLLOWED WHILE THE MEDICATION OF THIS DRUG?
- Smoking, alcoholism and use of tobacco may increase the risk of bleeding from the ulcer so avoid it.
- While using medicine via the vaginal route, make the employment of the saline water and distil water to avoid the infection.
- Avoid the use of antacid before and after the medication of misoprostol.